Information We Collect
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you provide.
- Information we get when you use our services.
- Information we get from third parties.
Information You Provide
When you interact with our services, we collect information that you provide to us. For example, our services require you to set up an account, so we may need to collect a few important details about you, such as your name, username, password, email address, phone number, gender, interests and date of birth. We may also ask you to provide us with some additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, such as a profile picture and cover image. Some services may require you to provide us with a debit or credit card number and its associated account information.
Of course, you’ll also provide us with whatever information you send through our services, such as images, videos and other forms of media or documents. Keep in mind that the users who view your posts, chat, and any other content can always save that content or copy it outside the app. So, the same common sense that applies to the internet at large applies to our services as well: Don’t send messages or share content that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
When you contact customer support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer or that we need to resolve your question.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services.
- Content Information. We collect content you create on our services, such as media, and information about the content you create or provide, such as if the recipient has viewed the content and the metadata that is provided with the content.
- Device Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use. For example, we collect:
- information about your hardware and software, such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique application identifiers, browser type, keyboards installed, language, and time zone;
- information from device sensors, such as microphones, and whether you have headphones connected; and
- information about your wireless and mobile network connections.
- Device Contact List. With your consent, we may collect your device’s contact list to help you connect with people you know, we offer you the option to invite friends to connect with you on EntNetwrk. To take advantage of this feature, you can opt in to share phone numbers from their address book.
- Camera and Photos. Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. For example, you won’t be able to send upload photos or videos from your camera roll unless we can access your camera or photos.
- Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your permission, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors.
- Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website, such as:
- details about how you’ve used our services;
- device information, such as your web browser type and language;
- access times;
- pages viewed;
- IP address; \
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information about you from other users, our affiliates, and third parties. Here are a few examples:
- If you link your account to another service (like Facebook, Google or a third-party app), we may receive information from the other service, like how you use that service.
- Advertisers, app developers, publishers, and other third parties may share information with us as well. We may use this information, among other ways, to help target or measure the performance of ads.
- If another user uploads their contact list, we may combine information from that user’s contact list with other information we have collected about you.
How We Use Information
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
- send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- personalize our services by, among other things, suggesting friends, or profile information, helping users find each other in EntNetwrk, affiliate and third-party apps and services, or customizing the content we show you, including ads.
- add context to your posts, for example by tagging other users, and labels based on your location (of course, if you’ve given us permission to collect your location).
- provide and improve our advertising services, ad targeting, and ad measurement, including through the use of your precise location information (again, if you’ve given us permission to collect that information), both on and off our services. We may also store information about your use of third-party apps and websites on your device to do this.
- enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance our services and your experience with them.
- enforce, investigate, and report conduct violating our Terms of Service and other usage policies, respond to requests from law enforcement, and comply with legal requirements.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- With other users. We may share the following information with other users:
- information about you, such as your username, name, gender, age, and interests.
- information about your device, such as the operating system and device type, to help you receive chats, push notifications and other content in the optimal viewing format.
- any additional information you have directed us to share. For example, we will share your information when you connect your EntNetwrk account to a third-party app, and if you share information or content from EntNetwrk to the third-party app.
- content you post or send. How widely your content is shared depends on your personal settings and the type of service you are using.
- With all users, our business partners, and the general public. We may share the following information with all users as well as with our business partners and the general public:
- public information like your name, username, profile pictures, and cover image.
- Public Content like images, audio and videos that are set to be viewable by Everyone. This content may be viewed, used, and shared by the public at large both on and off our services, including through search results, on websites, in apps, and in online and offline broadcasts.
- With third parties. We may share information with third parties in the following ways:
- We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, including to facilitate payments and measure and optimize the performance of ads and deliver more relevant ads, including on third-party websites and apps.
- We may share information about you with business partners that provide services and functionality on our services.
- We may share information about you, such as device and usage information, to help us and others prevent fraud.
- We may share information about you for legal, safety, and security reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service and Community Guidelines violations.
- protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others.
- detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- We may share information about you as part of a merger or acquisition.
- Non-personal information. We may also share with third parties that provide services to us or perform business purposes for us aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information.
Third-Party Content and Integrations
Our services may contain third-party content and integrations. Through these integrations, you may be providing information to the third party as well as to us. We are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
Control Over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
- Access and Correction. You can access and edit most of your basic account information right in our apps.
- Revoking permissions. In most cases, if you let us use your information, you can simply revoke your permission by changing the settings in the app or on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Deletion. While we hope you’ll remain a lifelong user, if, for some reason you ever want to delete your account, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also delete some information in the app, like photos, audio or videos you’ve shared.
- Communicating with other users. It’s important to us that you stay in control over whom you communicate with. That’s why we’ve built a number of tools in Settings that let you choose if other users can see the list of your connections and your posts in categories.
DISCLOSURE TO USERS OUTSIDE INDIA
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BETWEEN COUNTRIES: Your information will be collected, processed and stored directly on or transferred to entities and parties may be located outside of your country of residence and that transfers to the same may include transfer to, and processing in, countries such as the United States and India. In addition, it may be transferred to other countries where the Company or our vendors maintain facilities or business operations, which may include countries outside the European Economic Area. If you do not agree to the collection, processing, storage and transfer of your information, please do not provide your information to us and stop using our App. If you have questions, please contact our data security officer at email@example.com
Any data we do hold onto will be anonymous, personally identifiable information such as your name, address, date of birth, phone number and email ID will be deleted after a Defined Period. The rest of the data is therefore anonymous and will be used to analyse general market and App trends but without an identifiable personal information.
AGGREGATED AND ANONYMISED INFORMATION
We may share with third parties or/and use aggregate user statistics and other data which does not identify you specifically. We may combine this information with that of other users of our Apps and share or provide this information in aggregated and anonymised form with third parties such as universities, service providers, subject matter experts or use the same for product enhancements and developments. We may at any point anonymise personal information to make sure that such information is can no longer be related back to you. We do all this to help us improve the design and delivery of our Apps and to assist in research and development.
- Authenticating users;
- Remembering user preferences and settings;
- Determining the popularity of content;
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns;
- Analysing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviours and interests of people who interact with our services
A pixel tag (also called a web beacon or clear GIF) is a tiny graphic with a unique identifier, embedded invisibly on a webpage (or an online ad or email), and is used to count or track things like activity on a webpage or ad impressions or clicks, as well as to access cookies stored on users’ computers. We use pixel tags to measure the popularity of our various pages, features and services. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether the message has been opened and for other analytics.
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the App we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol ("IP") address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the App when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics
To get information about Flash and Adobe’s privacy choices from Adobe, click here. To get information about cookies from All About Cookies.org, click here. If you disable cookies, adjust privacy settings on your device, restrict local storage, or otherwise limit these technologies, you may not be able to use some of our App features.
Company does not currently honor "Do Not Track" signals. For information about "do not track" from The Future of Privacy Forum, click here.
LINKS TO THE OTHER SITES
Our policy discloses the privacy practices for our own web site and App. Our site or App provides links to other websites also that are beyond our control. We shall in no way be responsible for your use of such links and sites.
We do not share Personal Information with any third party without obtaining the prior consent of the user except in the following limited circumstances:
- If you shared the content with another user of our Services or if you are creating published collections of the Content, your account name and profile will be associated with the Content you upload, will be visible to anyone who views the Content you have uploaded, and may be visible to the public. In addition to any information you may elect to place in your account profile, your account profile will also include certain information regarding your use of the Services, including but not limited to the Content collections you have published, number of other users you follow, and the number of users who follow you.
- When it is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental agency or authority to disclose, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for the prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, or for prosecution and punishment of offences. These disclosures are made in good faith and belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary for enforcing these Terms; for complying with the applicable laws and regulations.
- With our service providers or our affiliated companies in order to provide and distribute the Services and their functions, the App, its other services, and related services and support; to complete billing and payment for them; or to collect information and communicate with you as described above.
- In connection with the transfer, sale, merger or reorganization of all or any relevant portion of its business or assets to or with any third party.
We understand the importance of security and protection of the Information provided by and/or collected from you. Pursuant to the same, we shall make the best efforts to ensure protection of Information by use of such security measures and programs that it may deem fit for the purpose to protect the Information against any unauthorized, illegal and fraudulent use of such Information by third parties. We shall adopt appropriate encryption and security measures to prevent any hacking of your Information and third parties. The App shall use the Information collected from you in accordance with applicable laws including but not limited to the IT Act and the rules made thereunder and use the data only for the purpose for which it was furnished.
Company shall endeavor to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Information, however, the transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure by the App. You agree and acknowledge that the App shall not be liable for disclosure of any Information due to errors in transmission or any unauthorized acts of third parties. We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. We cannot guarantee the security of our database.
Any information you include in a posting to the discussion areas is available to anyone with Internet access. The App shall use the Information collected from you in accordance with applicable laws including but not limited to the IT Act and the rules made thereunder and use the data only for the purpose for which it was furnished.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Company shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of the Information caused to you, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to an event beyond the control of or is not attributable to Company or a force majeure event. You agree and acknowledge that the Company shall not be liable for disclosure of any Information due to errors in transmission or any unauthorized acts of third parties.
Under no circumstances will we be held liable for any delay or failure in performance due in whole or in part to any acts of nature labor disputes, strikes, acts of God, floods, lightning, severe weather, shortages of materials, rationing, inducement of any virus, Trojan or other disruptive mechanisms, any event of hacking or illegal usage of the website, utility or communication failures, earthquakes, war, revolution, acts of terrorism, civil commotion, acts of public enemies, blockade, embargo or any law, order, proclamation, regulation, ordinance, demand or requirement having legal effect of any government or any judicial authority or representative of any such government, or any other act whatsoever, whether similar or dissimilar to those referred to in this clause beyond our reasonable control.
MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION
If for any reason you wish to access, view, correct, or update personal information collected about you, send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
We process your information for the purposes set forth below.
- 1. Legal Basis for Processing Information
We process your information where we can rely on legal grounds to do so.
- 2. Performance of the Services
We process your information for the performance of our Services and App, to provide or support our Services, or for any other reason you request or enable. This includes, for example, using your information to:
- administer your App account;
- conduct and administer any contest, or promotion you have entered;
- support purchases you make, including, but not limited to, processing payments and orders;
- support App functionality;
3. If you are a celebrity or influencer, we also process your information to assist you in offering Services as well as receiving payments from the third-party payment provider, if applicable.
- 4. Consent
We process your information based on your consent. This processing includes, for example, providing you with:
- newsletters, direct e-mails and surveys about our Services and App; and
- certain other marketing features.
5. Where we rely on your consent in order to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent to further use of your personal information at any time. You can unsubscribe to the services to update your marketing preferences or delete account.
- 6. Legitimate Interest
We process your information when we have a legitimate interest to do so. This includes, for example, processing your information to:
- provide you with requested customer service or technical support;
- debug and improve our current and future App;
- provide you with certain content, personalize your App experience with us and contact you in accordance with your applicable marketing preferences; and
- establish, exercise, or defend legal claims or in connection with any court or jurisdiction.
7. You can request more information regarding our legitimate interest balancing test where this is our lawful basis by contacting us at: email@example.com
8. Legal Obligation
If you are a celebrity or influencer, we also process your information to assist you in offering Services as well as receiving payments from the third-party payment provider, if applicable.
- 9. Your Rights to Your Information
- You have rights to view, correct, and update your information as set forth in Managing Your Information above, to access or remove your personal information,
- In certain circumstances, you can request that we transfer personal information that you have provided to us.
10. Your Right to Object
You may object to the processing of your personal information based on a legitimate interest on grounds relating to your particular situation. You may, in particular, control the extent to which we market to you and you have the right to request that we stop sending you marketing messages at any time. To do so, you can use the methods described in the Consent above .
11. Exercising Your Rights and Complaints
For each of the rights described above, you can also send your request to us using within the App where so available or send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org Your right to file complaints with a data protection supervisory authority in the country where you live or work or where you consider a breach has occurred remains unaffected.
12. International Transfers
International Transfers Your information will be collected, processed and stored directly on or transferred to entities and parties may be located outside of your country of residence and that transfers to the same may include transfer to, and processing in, countries such as the United States and India. In addition, it may be transferred to other countries where the Company or our vendors maintain facilities or business operations, which may include countries outside the European Economic Area. You explicitly consent to the transfer. If you do not agree to the collection, processing, storage and transfer of your information, please do not provide your information to us and stop using our App. If you have questions, please contact our data security officer at email@example.com